Behind The Scenes..

Just when I thought I've seen it all..
Cat fights amongst staff is a never ending saga at any school I've worked at. Why the cat fights? Good question. While there is room to grow for staff at beauty schools, who really wants any of the responsibilities?
I've seen staff members come close to clawing eyes out just to get wherever they think it will take them. It has happened to me more than once by staff running to upper management and attempting to throw me under the bus!
It's been said that I'm not exciting, I'm non-professional and I'm a bad manager. While at the same time, my student body tells a different story.
One ALWAYS have to prove he/she knows more than the next. One always have to put the other down. One always have to take credit for something he or she didn't do. The list goes on and on.
When the real truth is, up to three staff members are actually passionate about their job and why they're there. The rest of the crew is only showing up to work just for the pay. They never go home and study or research new material to go over with their students or the staff. They could care less if their students are successful or not. They speak ill of the school they work for.
This is the lack of accountability all beauty schools should rid themselves of. Why should three carry the weight for all. At what point are the slackers held accountable?
At any rate, it should not be at the cost of the students getting a quality education. Plain and simply it should be at the cost of employment for the staff member(s) who do not uphold the customer service for the school.
Who are the customers? Each and every student that comes thru the door.

Comments

Popular Posts