School Can Be Fun!

Beauty school can be fun and should be. Here I will share some to the activities I use to keep the morale high, energy positive and all around fun!
Text Me: on our student news boars I will post a complex question. It may be plain trivia or something that requires research. In order to answer the student must use a secondary phone number I have to text me the answer. The first one who answers correctly or thoroughly will win something. I get my secondary phone or text number thru an app for iPhone called Text Plus.
Another thing I do is Face book trivia. I figure since they can't live without their phones, put them to use. While I'm working in my office or early Sunday morning I will randomly post trivia questions that they will have 3 minutes to answer. When I post 'STOP' they automatically know the particular question is closed for any more answers. Due to my students having issues meeting their service quotas for graduation, I will give them a credit per question answered in the category it falls in on their quota sheets/syllabus. THEY LOVE IT!
These activities raise the morale in our school. Everyone wants to participate and it makes my day go smooth. I recently had two students make themselves my assistants. They are eager to be right there for me. Mind you, these two girls were lacking in attendance and their attitudes weren't the best but due to the fun atmosphere I create, I can give them any client even during their lunch times and they don't complain:-D

Comments

Popular Posts