Still Drama!

Will it ever end? Probably not. Whether it's internal or external it's always lurking around the corner to jump out and say suprise!
However, I'm not suprised. Not at all.
Okay, I'll move on..
I just ordered kits and this time I included a 'color key' and a measuring cup for the cosmetology students and for the esthetics students I included a facial brush, a pair of exfolliating gloves for body scrubs and 2 makeup palettes. Sounds nice huh? I figured adding these items would help them tremendously. We have scales for the students to measure color but I feel they also need to learn how to use measuring cups and bottles. Who to say if all the salons they apply to will have scales? Plus I noticed that none of them had any clue how to use anything other than the scales.
Makeup has always been an issue with our school. No one takes care of it. It gets gross, then no one wants to use it. I figure the students will take better care of their own makeup instead of a school display. Plus it may make our students more motivated to push makeup services instead of always coming to school just to do their own makeup.
What kind of thanks did I get? First let me say that I KNOW that I do a good job and my best interest IS the students and the quality of the education they get under my watch. Many have tried to undercut my purpose and make me feel inadequate and this is another example of it.
Again, everything I do is for the students well being. I see nothing wrong with ordering these items. Now I'm told 'it won't work'? WTH....
I feel it's only because I, ME did it and it made perfectly good sense as to why I did it. That's the only reason that suddenly it's stupid. Yes, it's a trend.. What makes sense is stupid and what's questionable is what we'll do. For example, students who get dropped from enrollment are 'risky' to re-enrollments being that in our industry, schools are held responsible for those who may default their loans which usually is the student who is dropped, doesn't finish the program so therefore they don't ever work in the field. They're not going to pay their loans. Period. It's crazy to extend them an offer to return and try again. Only in 'some' cases this is the right thing to do, but when a student has an absurd amount of absences and shows no responsibility, this is what won't work!

Comments

Popular Posts