Let's Look Back

Okay, as most of you know I'm a Cosmetology Teacher and I truly enjoy what I do. That was until my last 'stint' working at a school that just simply did not give a you-know-what about their students or staff. EVERYTHING had to be so controversial all the time. It seemed like if there was not any drama, something was wrong. The people with the power created the drama, but would be quick to blame someone else. ANY idea for improvement was always immediately shot down, nothing was ever good enough. It always seemed like the people in charge would always come up with hair-brained ideas such as letting the students get their own way, just keep them happy. At my last few months there, I was happy to do just that because I knew what it led to; an out-of-control environment. They wanted it, let them have it. What? There's no order around here? Are they stupid? They created this mess. Well, I'm happy to say that since I don't work there any more my hair has grown three inches, my skin is pretty and clear and so is my mind. How in the world can your employees be happy when everyday you aim at keeping them down and leading to think they're not smart as you? Unfortunate to say, but this child running around my back yard has more brains.. You steal from yourself, but then expect someone else to take the fall. You screw up procedures, but then blame someone who's not in attendance on that day. You shut down any and every good idea one may come up with that'll make your place run smoother then turn around a week later and say its your own idea. Then, when you notice the idea actually works and things run smoother, you take that option away and state how stupid it was and 'whoever' came up with it is an idiot... Thank God for working from home. I'm in the first stage of starting a local cosmetology association. I have great things in mind for the association and am willing to listen to others. In the future I would like to open an advanced learning center. I'm going for it!

Comments

Popular Posts