In-Home Hair Salon Series



Hello!!
I'm happy to inform you all about my new youtube series on in-home hair salons.
Since I have been busy on my own, I thought it would be helpful to others who have a salon in their home to share some of my tips.
The first video is an introduction showing my own salon and how inexpensive it was to get it set up.
The second video is on how IMPORTANT it is to use professional products. It's bad enough when the world thinks going to school to become a stylist is not an american dream, then to use products found at CVS and Target adds more less than favorable thoughts to our profession.
The last video I did is on advertising for your home salon where you won't have the corporate big shots creating ads for your salon or the services you offer.
I'll go into detail by saying that MOST of your clients have access to the world-wide-web. If you are not present on the web, you ARE missing out!
Who thumbs thru the yellow pages anymore? So why waste money on advertising in phone books, it's so 10 years ago!
Your 'ideal' client has access to the internet 24 hours a day, whether it's by smartphone, tablet or a desktop, they can find you IF you are where you should be!
The first thing a home stylist, barber, nail tech, makeup artist or esthetician should do is create a business profile on this site I found, Style Seat. This site allows you to set up a professional website for your business for FREE. You can upload pictures of your work, set your business hours, set up the services you offer and the prices, etc. There is so much you can do with a free account, you can also keep track of your clients information, formulas, birthdays, etc.
Style Seat will also provide you with a link to use on other sites and forums that will direct clients to your site. I use mine on craigslist (yes, scary 'ol craigslist), Facebook and a few other places on the web. I have had great success!

Speaking of Craigslist, I have had no problems whatsoever due to the fact that you can pretty much 'feel' out a person when they want absolutely nothing. With that being said, I do not post my home address in any of my ads on Craigslist or on Style Seat. I always type in the address field 'upon booking appt' therefore, once the appointment is confirmed, the client will either get a text, email or call with my home address a day before their appointment.
To post on Craigslist, click on:
Post=Services=beauty
I can not stress how important it is to include photos of YOUR OWN work in your ads. Potential clients have to see what they're buying into PLUS clients are more likely to book with you if they see your work first.
Also, watermark ALL photos you upload anywhere on the web. There are free watermark sites and apps all over, take advantage.

Another great service I use is an app Textplus free calls. This app will give you a secondary phone number that you can make and receive calls from and too and also texts. This is the number I use for all advertising for my home salon. With Textplus free calls your texts are free, however there may be a .99 charge for so many minutes of talk time. I usually will purchase $1.99 in calls each month and still NEVER run out due to me advertising my phone number as 'Call or TEXT' me at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Works like a charm due to most clients working during the day and they can't make calls BUT they sure will text!
Because Textplus gives me a secondary number (I use this app on my iPhone and iPad) I NEVER MISS A CALL OR TEXT, therefore I can respond immediately no matter where I am.

Lets move on to the all mighty social network kingpin Facebook.
Facebook has proven to me, it's the place to be! I created a 'fan' page for my business. In order to create a fan page, you must have a personal page. One word of warning, keep it PROFESSIONAL. If you don't have anything good or nice to say, don't say anything at all. Most clients are turned off by rude and nasty posts.
Each day I post a new photo of my work just to keep  my fans interested in me. I also post a hair/beauty related question so my fans will interact with me. Last, I post a hair or beauty fact each day so my fans will have something to look forward to coming from me. It's like keeping them on the edge of their seats and it's also FUN!

Now what about when I meet someone face-to-face and I want to leave a lasting impression on them...
I always carry business cards on me. I create and order my business cards from Vistaprint.
At Vistaprint you can upload photos for free so I use photos of my own work to create business and post cards, that way if I give a card to someone, they can see my work right then and there.

If you have a home salon or are considering a home salon or spa, this series is for you and I surely hope my tips will help someone!



Comments

Popular Posts