The Early Bird Catches The Worm

Have you ever been stood up early or mid-way thru your day by a unknown client or a client who has a 'sketchy' appointment record with you?
Do you hate it when you have to find something to do until your always-on-time appointment shows up due to being stood up by a salon knuckle-head.
I have the perfect solution! Book the clients that you KNOW will show up  and on-time early in the day if possible. Therefore, if you book the stragglers later in the day and they don't show up in a timely manner, your day is over.
How exciting, you've done your job by servicing those who will show up, you've made your money now you're out the door babe!

Here's something else I do in the salon especially on busy days...
If I have a client who does not even have the courtesy of calling me to inform me that they are or will be running more than 15 minutes (that's my time frame for late comers), too bad. When they do arrive they will have to re-book. Of course there will be times when a 'regular' client will run late, I make them an exception because either they will call or you know something is wrong or out of their control. If that's the case with a 'regular' client, it's okay. Just take an extra break or something, but for those knuckle-heads you will need to make it known and clear to them that this IS NOT acceptable.
Why do I do this? BECAUSE if I don't, the client will never be courteous and will always think it's okay to arrive whenever she arrives. Your day in the salon will seem never-ending, your appointments will start to pile up and you will become a 'concern' for those who show up on time and have to wait.

Think of a Saturday and your favorite store is having a killer-sale at the mall. Would you prefer to stand around in the salon all day waiting here and there in your schedule for late-comers and no-shows and miss the sale? I think NOT!
Get in, get paid, get out and on to the sale or other activities in a very timely manner.
My Saturday schedule is so much more different than any other day. It's the one day of the week that I start early and leave the earliest. I'm out before or at 1pm. NO two-ways about it.

Comments

Popular Posts